Cucumbers To everyone envy are a hybrid (as indicated by the inscription F1), so it is not possible to get high-quality seeds from such crops at home. It belongs to the Premium class, has a high yield and excellent taste, versatility of application and cultivation (on open ground, in a greenhouse, barrels, containers, etc.).
Seeds of cucumbers "Everyone envy"
The ripening of cucumbers "All envy"
Envy everyone cucumbers give a good harvest
Being a hybrid birthright. Cucumbers Everyone envy absorbed the best quality characteristics of "parents". The cucumber is parthenocarpic, therefore it is pollinated independently. Therefore, it does not need pollination by insects, which accelerates and increases fruiting. At the same time, the seeds do not have time to ripen, so that the fruits have a perfectly flat surface, do not undergo yellowing and over-ripening. The same characteristic allows you to transport the crop over long distances and store cucumbers for a long time.
- By type of flowering - female, and this indicates that all flowers have full ovaries.
- Branching is self-regulating, therefore forming a bush is not necessary, but desirable to increase yield.
- The growth type is bundle, which indicates a well-developed central stem and the absence of lateral shoots.
- Fruiting is quite long - from June to October.
- The hybrid easily tolerates the absence of sunlight, so the bushes can be planted in the shade.
Appearance of cucumbers
Fruits have the following characteristics:
- the minimum length is 8 cm, the maximum is 12;
- average weight varies from 80 to 100 grams;
- color - saturated bright green;
- streaks of light shades run along the sides;
- surface - finely tuberous;
- there is a whitish fluff;
- spikes - rare and large;
- pulp - crispy, compacted, juicy;
- aroma - pronounced cucumber.
The bundle arrangement of fruits in nodes guarantees the highest level of productivity. In one ovary, from 3 to 6, and sometimes more, gherkins can be localized.
The fruiting level depends on the living conditions and climate, but on average it can be obtained from 1 sq. Km. m 10 kg of fruit.
Advantages and disadvantages
The positive aspects of cucumbers Envy everyone:
- excellent yield;
- fruiting duration;
- excellent taste;
- the safety of crunch and elasticity after heat treatment;
- commodity appearance;
- keeping up;
- universality of use (salting, preservation, pickling, fresh consumption);
- lack of bitterness;
- the ability to grow in different ways and under various conditions, even in a room;
- disease resistance;
- quick adaptation to any temperature conditions;
- fruiting stability.
The negative sides of this hybrid of cucumbers:
- the relatively high cost of seed material;
- the need to acquire new seeds annually, since it is impossible to get them at home.
To grow cucumbers To everyone to envy is permissible by the seedling method, which saves time and effort. However, the seedling method allows you to get the first crop much earlier. Sowing seeds must begin after the 20th of March or early April.
The first thing to do is to thoroughly warm the seed material 10-14 days before planting. For this, different methods are used:
- to spread grain under the open rays of the sun;
- put the seeds in a cloth bag, which is located near the heater (heating radiator, stove, etc.);
- pour the seeds into a thermos, pour hot water (not boiling water), let it warm for 2 hours.
The temperature during the heating of the seed should be 45-55 degrees. The number of days if a thermos is not used is three days.
Next, the preparation is carried out directly:
- Sorting. It is necessary to manually sort through each grain, removing damaged and puny elements. Then the seeds are dipped in water mixed with table salt and allowed to stand for 15-20 minutes. Unsuitable seeds will float to the surface of the water. The last step is to rinse under running water.
- Disinfection. The procedure is necessary so that future seedlings are not exposed to diseases. There are several ways to disinfect - withstand half an hour in a weak solution of manganese (usually 3%), soak in a tincture of garlic. But many gardeners consider the most effective method - the use of aloe juice. To do this, cut the leaves of the plant, put in a dark place for 5 days (temperature 18-20 degrees), then squeeze the juice. In the resulting liquid lay the seed material for a day. Further, washing and drying are carried out.
- A treatment to strengthen immunity and stimulate rapid growth. To do this, the seeds are soaked in one of the preparations: Gummi, Epin, Immunocytophyte. If you do not want to use store products, you can apply folk recipes. For example, to withstand a day in a slurry of wood ash (per 1 liter of water 1 tbsp. L ash). The same method can be applied until the seeds are bite.
- Soaking for germination of sprouts. Warm water is used - hold the seeds for 20-30 minutes, put on a moistened cloth.
If the seeds hatch, and weather conditions or other circumstances do not allow planting, put the material in the lower part of the refrigerator, where the temperature does not exceed 4 degrees, but does not fall below 3.
Learn how to germinate cucumber seeds from the video:
Planting, conditions of maintenance and seedling care
Sprouted seeds are planted in one large container or placed in peat pots. Set containers on the windowsill, so that the sun's rays come to seedlings.
- the depth of laying the seed material is one and a half to two centimeters;
- air temperature - 23-25 degrees, soil - 15;
- soil type - earth, sand, peat;
- until the shoots germinate, the containers are covered with a dense film, which in the daytime must be removed for ventilation;
- when the first sprouts appear, it is necessary to slightly shade them, otherwise immature leaves will get burned;
- watering the sprouts is done every day (the soil should be moistened, but not wet);
- when the bushes begin to form, it should be watered every 3 days;
- if lateral shoots are formed, they are cut off;
- To accelerate growth, you can feed with organic and minerals.
If natural sunlight and heat are not enough, it is advisable to use fluorescent or other lamps. They are included for a period of 12 to 16 hours a day.
Indicators of excellent seedlings, which are ready for planting in a permanent place:
- age - 28-35 days;
- height - minimum 25 cm, maximum 30 cm;
- thickness - from 5 to 10 mm;
- the number of sheets - 5-6 pieces;
- the distance from the neck of the root to the cotyledon is 4-5 cm;
- type of stem - strong;
- short internodes;
- absence of extraneous odors (pay special attention to rot).
The soil must be moist, neutral in acidity, breathable. Before planting seedlings, organic fertilizer is applied. Manure is used for this (per 1 sq. M from 10 to 15 kg).
There are 2 ways to prepare the soil:
- In the fall. Digging is carried out and drainage is lined. It consists of straw, grass, branches, etc. The laying depth is 30-40 cm. Next, the layer is compacted, dung is poured on top. It is desirable to cover it with a film. In spring, the shelter is removed, after which a layer of earth is poured.
This method has several advantages: all winter due to manure and film, the soil is kept in warm conditions, therefore, when warmed up, it is completely ready for planting seedlings. In addition, the earth is saturated with nutrients.
- In the spring. As in the previous case, a drainage system is arranged. Wood ash and the Nitrofoska preparation are poured on it (per 1 sq. M 300 grams of the first component and 100 of the second). A small amount of manure is scattered and the soil is on top. Be sure to cover with a film and let it brew for 7-10 days.
On such fertile land, you can equip a greenhouse for seedlings or plant bushes in a permanent place. In the second case, it will take some time to cover the seedlings with a film to preserve heat.
It is better to plant cucumber for everyone after potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, beets, oats, sweet clover, rye, phacelia, alfalfa, mustard and leek. It is forbidden to use the land after gourds.
Dive into the open ground after May 15th. The process is as follows:
- make holes at a distance of 15 cm from each other, between rows - 60 cm, which allows you to get the maximum yield;
- remove the seedlings from the tank so that a little soil remains on the root system (do not get out of the peat pots);
- deepen the bushes into the hole;
- pour warm water;
- cover with soil;
- attach the seedlings to the support.
Planting seeds in open ground
If the non-seedling method of growing cucumbers is used, the following rules must be followed:
- Prepare seeds as described above.
- The temperature of the soil should not be lower than +15 degrees.
- The distance of the holes with horizontal cultivation is 50 cm, with vertical (on the trellis) - only 20-30 cm.
- In one hole lay up to 5 seeds.
- Between the rows, the width should be at least 30 cm.
- The depth of the seed material is a couple of centimeters.
- When the first shoots appear, thinning is carried out. That is, weak elements are removed. At the same time, they can not be pulled out of the ground, it is necessary to cut carefully under the root with small scissors. This will avoid damage to strong stands.
- When the first 4 leaves are formed, the apical bud is pinched, which will accelerate the formation of flowers and ovaries.
- After laying the seeds, the culture is watered with warm water and covered with a plastic wrap.
- In the future, after the emergence of seedlings, in the daytime the shelter is removed for plant adaptation and ventilation.
Agricultural cultivation and care features
For any variety of cucumbers, a sufficient amount of light is necessary, but the hybrid is envious of everyone in that it can successfully grow and bear fruit even in the shade. The following agrotechnical features are mandatory:
- optimal air temperature - from 22 to 25 degrees;
- it is forbidden to plant a crop in a lowland, as there is increased humidity and cold;
- humidity level - 80%.
- Water cucumbers Everyone to envy needs to be moderate and regular. Overmoistening should not be allowed when water in the soil is standing. This will lead to rotting of the root system and the development of pathogenic microorganisms.
- If the summer is rainy, then the amount of water is reduced.
- Water temperature should be around 25 degrees.
- The drip method is best suited, you can use sprayers on the watering can.
- Watering time - morning, evening.
How to water, based on the periods of development of the bushes:
- before the first flowers appear: water every day in a proportion of 1 seedling - 1 liter of liquid;
- with the formation of flowers and until the middle of the fruiting period, watering is carried out every 3 days, per 1 sq. m need 7-10 liters;
- from the middle of fruiting to the end of the harvest - 1 time in 7 days, 5 liters per 1 square. m
Weeding, cultivating and mulching
Loosening is carried out every 9-10 days. If seeds are planted in open ground, then for the first time, the soil must be loosened after emergence. This must be done carefully so that the root system is not disturbed.
Weeding is carried out regularly - as the weeds germinate. Mulching is done after each watering. To do this, grass, sawdust and similar natural material are laid under the roots. Thanks to mulching, optimum humidity is maintained, grass does not spread so quickly.
This hybrid of cucumbers requires herding, which makes it possible to increase productivity. To do this, the side shoots are removed by cropping. In this case, it is advisable to leave a few stepsons on which the flowers of the female type are located.
Envy of everyone can be grown in a horizontal way, that is, without a garter. The branches of the bush independently spread along the ground and choose the direction of growth. However, this method is considered impractical, since it has many disadvantages:
- contact with the soil causes infection;
- the fruits will be dirty and too moist;
- inconvenience is created during pinching and harvesting;
- sunlight and wind are not evenly distributed.
Based on this, it must be recognized that garter is necessary. Moreover, this greatly saves space in the garden. There are different ways to garter:
- The vertical method involves the installation of supports near each bush.
- The horizontal method involves the use of trellis: throughout the bed after about 1 meter, wooden high pegs are installed, on which a wire or thread is stretched in several rows parallel to the surface of the earth. It is for these elements that the cucumber stalk will “grab onto”.
- Grid installation: a metal net is mounted along the ridge, for which the plant clings.
Fertilizers are applied to the soil after watering and loosening. Rules depending on the periods:
- For the first time, a plant is fed 14 days after transplanting seedlings into open ground or entering seeds. Organic is mainly used. To do this, you can add chicken droppings (ratio 1:15) or manure of cows and horses (proportion 1: 6) to the root system. Feeding time - after sunset.
- The second time fertilizer is applied after the flowers appear. Root top dressing is used in hot climatic conditions, foliar - in cool weather conditions. These should be minerals: wood ash (add chopped ash in a glass quantity to a bucket of water) or Superphosphate (35 grams of active substance per 10 liters of water).
- Further feeding is carried out during the fruiting period. Wood ash or urea (15 grams per bucket of water) is used. We recommend that you additionally read the article on fertilizing when growing cucumbers in open ground .
Strictly observe the proportions, try not to overfeed the plants, as this will lead to the death of the bush, lower yields and deterioration in the taste of cucumbers.
Pest and Disease Control
Cucumber is envious of everyone with its increased resistance to cucumber diseases and pests . Accordingly, subject to crop rotation standards. He is not terrible powdery mildew, cucumber mosaic, rot, spotting. But as a preventative measure, it is recommended to do the following:
- observe the humidification regimen;
- treat the plant with Trichodermin, which has a fungicidal and bactericidal effect.
Harvesting and storage
The first crop can be harvested 45 days after planting. It is necessary to adhere to the collection rules:
- If you plan to consume fresh fruits, it is better to stop at a size of 10 to 12 cm.
- For canning, smaller cucumbers are suitable - from 8 to 10 cm.
- If you want to pickle the gherkins, stop the choice on the size of the fruits at 4-5 cm.
- When collecting, do not pull the cucumber and do not twist it. It is better to use garden scissors and carefully cut, leaving the stalk.
- Collect vegetables every day / every other day, so that new ovaries begin to form actively.
- Harvest time is early morning or late evening.
Rules for the preservation of fruits:
- It is forbidden to store cucumbers. Everyone envy in a warm place, as they will lose their appearance on the next day.
- Storage temperature should be from 6 to 8 degrees.
- Humidity - 80-90%.
- To keep vegetables up to 2 weeks, put them in dry wooden crates, lower them into the cellar.
- You can also store in the refrigerator, after having unfolded the fruits in plastic containers, which are strictly forbidden to cover with a lid.
- Choose fruits without damage, dry them thoroughly.
What problems can arise?
Problems arise due to inexperience and inaccuracies in care. What can happen, what are the reasons for this and what to do:
|Difficulties||Causes||What to do?|
|Lack of symmetry of the form (thickening of the stalk, thickening of the tip)||What is this talking about:|
- lack of nitrogen fertilizer;
- potassium deficiency.
|How to fight:|
- make cow dung;
- use potassium phosphate.
|The presence of bitterness||Lack of moisture.||Observe the irrigation regime, water not only the root system, but also the area around the seedling.|
|Ovaries fall||The plant is cold or lacking potash fertilizers.||Cover at night with plastic wrap and apply appropriate fertilizer.|
|Leaves are curled||Causes:|
- lack of potassium, phosphorus, sulfur or magnesium;
- moisture shortage;
- excess moisture.
|How to fight:|
- make mineral fertilizers;
- water the beds more often, and then mulch;
- reduce the amount of water introduced.
Christina, 34 years old.
I saw an advertisement about cucumbers. To everyone envy, I bought and was disappointed. I had practically no harvest. But the most interesting thing is that I bought seeds with a neighbor, and she had a lot of ovaries, a good harvest, and she collected cucumbers right up to the fall. I can’t understand what I did wrong. Apparently, the gardener from me is bad. Now I've read about the intricacies of growing, I will try again. And the neighbor advised a lot of things. Therefore, I myself recommend to those who will grow this hybrid for the first time, be sure to study all the information.
Valery, 49 years old.
I enviously tried to grow everyone on the balcony, since there is no plot of the garden. To the surprise of the whole family, it worked out. First, he planted the seeds and put them on the windowsill in the kitchen, then he began to transfer the seedlings to the balcony, he accustomed them to another temperature gradually (on the first day for an hour, then for two, and so on). I had 12 bushes and all of them had excellent fruiting. They ate fresh cucumbers until October. The taste is sweet, the pulp is juicy, the seeds are small. In general, we are satisfied with this and the cucumbers, and most importantly, what can be grown in the apartment.
Cucumbers Envy are a prolific and sustainable hybrid. The main feature is the lack of exactingness for light, thanks to which they are grown under any climatic conditions. Fruits even with heat treatment retain elasticity and crisp properties. And you can enjoy the delicate taste for a long time.