Okrol is one of the most anticipated farm events for any breeder. Just successful breeding of rabbits does not indicate that you can get good meat and fur from them. You should know a lot of rules that in the future will help to get an excellent and high-quality product.
The age of jigging offspring from a female
It is important to note that the deposition of rabbits from a rabbit does not affect the meat and skin of the animal. In addition, the rabbit can be allowed to mate already on the second day after giving birth, based on a tightened fertility schedule on the farm. Often, a nursing female may already be pregnant with new offspring.
Even among experienced rabbit owners, there is still debate over the question of when to lay rabbits from a female. There are several options, each of which has its advantages and disadvantages.
Owners of rabbits disagree about the deposition of rabbits. However, there are still some rules and regulations for the jigging procedure:
- First of all, rabbits should be separated from their mothers no later than 24 days after birth. Previously, it is impossible, since the digestive organs are not yet formed in the babies, therefore they can die without mother's milk.
- After 3 weeks have passed, the baby rabbits change their milk teeth, and they begin to interest in the food that their mother eats. This herd instinct is inherent in rabbits by nature: they are happy to learn from each other.
The female may have milk for up to 3 months, but often the rabbits do not feed the rabbits for such a long time. If the rabbits are over 40 days old, they may well begin to feed on their own and even actively engage in sexual activity. It is very important not to miss this moment, since the sucral female should not be less than 6 months old. Otherwise, her body may simply not withstand the loads.
From the point of view of physiology, the most optimal age for dropping rabbits from a rabbit is 24 days from the birth of babies. But, as a rule, such young growth grows weaker. Other livestock farmers recommend replanting babies no earlier than 28 days after birth.
Such a rush can be explained by the fact that on the farm there are three types of scrolling graphs:
- A loose divorce schedule is aimed at improving meat quality and is intended for broiler feeding. Occasionally, rabbits can be planted two months after their birth. This is called broiler jigging, which makes it possible to produce high-quality meat. But at the same time, the birth rate will be much lower.
- A semi-tight schedule allows you to grow rabbits for sale of all types of rabbit products, due to its neutrality. Rabbits, mating which takes place according to such a schedule, can calmly feed rabbits for more than a month. These females are usually the case with the male in the second week after giving birth. Cubs of such a female in the future will be sold as quality meat. Rabbits, which are separated from the mother after 40 days, are larger and stronger, and the females in the future give birth to healthy rabbits.
- A tight divorce schedule is suitable for large farms aimed at selling skins. With a tightened schedule, the female is exposed to mating already on the second day after the birth of the babies. If you do not put the rabbits away from the pregnant female by 28 days of life, the rabbit will simply not be able to restore her strength and nervous system to give birth to new offspring. If the young rabbits are already at least 1 month old, you can start feeding them greens and animal feed. Often in monthly babies, body weight is half a kilogram. It all depends on the breed and the amount of food received.
Usually, on large farms, the methods of planting rabbits from the mother alternate or they are individually selected in accordance with the requirements for the offspring and the purpose of its further use.
What are the requirements?
To minimize stress, for both rabbits and mothers, certain rules for the offspring should be followed. In order to cope with this task as best as possible, you need to familiarize yourself with some ways, which are only three:
- One-time depositing of the entire litter from the rabbit is carried out at a time when the babies are 1.5 months old. Rabbits no longer so need a lot of mother's milk and practically do not experience stress. To finally reduce the threat of nervous experiences in the offspring, it is permissible to admit a rabbit once every couple of days.
- The deposition of a nursing mother is good because the cubs do not have to experience severe stress from a change of scenery. The threat of new smells and noises is excluded.
- Gradually dropping offspring is considered the best option, but rather troublesome. Weaker cubs should be left near the mother for a few more days, and strong cubs should be transplanted into cages. So it will be possible to feed all the rabbits to the norm and not have a negative impact on the rabbit.
Gradual weaning is good because the female will evenly leave milk, and this reduces the risk of mastitis. But it should be taken into account that in large farms, the round-up often occurs in several females, therefore it can be difficult to manage to distribute all the rabbits. Therefore, this method of jigging is most suitable for small farms.
Females rarely painfully wean weaning babies, because they are calm about this and continue to pay attention to them, but less often, no more than 2 times a day. After the rabbits have been seated from the rabbits, you should immediately sort them, distributing them to meat and breeding - this helps to select an individual diet and conditions.
Measuring rabbit rabbits after jigging
After jigging, rabbits are very important to conduct a measurement procedure, determining the parameters of the kids. There are a huge number of methods that allow you to analyze indicators, but a beginner, first of all, should pay attention to weight, gender and health. Individuals that develop slowly need to be deposited in separate cages, since healthier brethren can crush an inferior rabbit.
Rabbits that are behind in mass gain should be transferred to a diet with increased nutritional value. So in a few weeks they will be able to catch up with their relatives. With a period of 45 days, babies can begin to feed with chopped concentrated feed without coarse fiber. This helps to improve the absorption of nutrients.
Where to send kids?
It is very important to prepare in advance the place where the kids will be placed, separated from the rabbit. To determine a new place of residence, one should know that rabbits are herd animals, and therefore it is very difficult for them to live alone.
Females should be separated from males for the first few months. In this case, one should be careful, because the youngsters have a rather cocky character, and therefore fights can often happen in the struggle for territory. If this happens in the cage, it is very important to immediately place the rabbits in different houses.
Rabbits should be transplanted into cages and aviaries, which must first be thoroughly disinfected. In the first months of life, rabbits are extremely vulnerable to various infectious diseases. It is necessary to select a spacious dwelling for young animals, since in conditions of crowding, the development of various unpleasant diseases is not excluded. There is also a risk of bone deformation.
The bottom of the cells should be made of wood or plastic. Straw or sawdust should be used as bedding. In order to minimize stress for babies, it is necessary to mix part of the straw from the nest with fresh and such a mixture to cover the pan: the young rabbits will calm down when they smell their own smell.
It is equally important to monitor the quality of the grass used for litter in the cages where rabbits will live - often insects and parasites can hide in it.
You need to choose a home for rabbits based on how much was born in the litter. It is permissible to keep rabbits that were born from different females in the same enclosure, but it is very important that their age coincides. So, for 1 cubic meter should be no more than three rabbits.
Feeding babies after jigging
It is very important to pay special attention to the diet of rabbits: it must be nutritious and light. In young animals the stomachs are not yet fully formed, therefore it is extremely difficult for them to fully perceive plant food, therefore the food should be lightened so as not to feel heaviness. At the same time, rabbits need a set of masses, because they grow extremely fast.
During the first 1.5 months, increased attention should be paid to babies. Often during this period, they molt, and they are especially vulnerable to diseases of the stomach. It is necessary to feed young rabbits three times a day with a small amount of food. At the same time, feed should be ground. Within a couple of weeks, it is recommended to feed the babies with the same food that the female ate during breastfeeding. Other types of complementary foods, especially green, must be introduced into the diet very carefully to avoid stomach upset.
You should refrain from feeding with wheat or barley, since such types of grain can clog the intestines and provoke diarrhea. It is best to feed young growth with rye and oats. After some time, it is permissible to introduce fruits and vegetables. During this period, it is necessary to make the diet balanced. If the rabbits do not get the vitamins and minerals in the feed, they need to be replenished artificially.
So, if it was decided to start breeding rabbits, it is very important to delve into the topic, which tells in detail about the age when offspring should be separated from the rabbit. This is of great importance, especially if rabbits are sold for meat or for selling skins.