Stimovit for bees is a biologically active top dressing. The drug provides a high stimulating effect and is used by beekeepers to achieve several goals. It is important to use the product correctly, observing the recommended dosage. The effectiveness and safety of the product depends on compliance with the conditions of its storage.
Composition, release form
Stimovit is a veterinary medicine. Its composition is represented by the following components:
- garlic extract;
- vitamin C.
It is the presence of garlic extract in the preparation that provides it with a characteristic garlic smell. The tool is available in powder form. It can have a gray or light brown tint.
Stimovit is available in sealed bags of honey-colored foil or pink plastic tubes. In any case, the capacity of one package is 40 grams. This volume is designed for 8 doses.
Thanks to the substances that make up Stimovit, its complex effect is ensured:
- stimulation of growth, development, productivity of bee colonies ;
- increased insect resistance to negative environmental factors;
- prevention of pathologies characteristic of bees.
Stimovit has an important advantage as a top dressing - its use excludes diseases of an infectious and parasitic nature. Such problems are often observed when using traditional protein feeding of bee bread or breeding from another apiary.
Rules for use in beekeeping, dosages
Stimovit is recommended to bees as top dressing twice a year. The first time insects are fed in the spring - in April or May. The second feeding is provided at the end of the honey season - in August or September.
Stimovit stimulates the buildup of bee colony strength. They also resort to such dressing if pollen bribes are insufficient or there are not enough stocks of bee bread in the hive.
Stimovit packaging is designed for 8 dosages. One such serving is used for one bee family, but the dosage may vary depending on the season. Previously, the product must be dissolved in sugar syrup. It should be warm, but not hotter than 40 degrees. For the preparation of sugar syrup, a ratio of 1: 1 is used. Packaging Stimovita is diluted in 4 l of syrup. If it is necessary to feed one family, then it is enough to dilute 5 g of the drug in half a liter of prepared syrup.
Features of application of Stimovit top dressing depend on the season:
- In the spring, 0.3-0.5 l of top dressing is used for one bee family, which is prepared in accordance with the instructions. Syrup is poured into the upper hive feeders. Bees need to be fed 2-3 times. Between dressings, an interval of 2-3 days is maintained. Another feeding option is spraying. In this case, the prepared product is sprayed twice a day for 3 days.
- In late summer or fall, the bees are fed when honey has already been pumped out. This season, it is important to increase the strength of the bee colony for the upcoming wintering and preparation for it . The amount of top dressing is increased in comparison with the spring period. The product also dissolves in sugar syrup in standard proportions. For one bee family provide up to 1.5-2 liters of fertilizing. Its volume should be focused on the strength of a particular family. It is recommended that bees be fed for 3 days.
For more information about the features of feeding bees in spring and autumn, look here .
Contraindications, side effects
There are no restrictions on the use of the product. They concern only the dosage: the recommended proportions and frequency of use should not be exceeded. Side effects with the specified dosage are absent.
The use of Stimovit does not affect the honey provided by the bees. This applies to the physical properties and chemical composition of the product. You can use it on a common basis.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The storage area for Stimovit should be dry and protected from light. It is necessary to observe a certain temperature regime - not higher than 30 and not lower than -20 degrees. If all these conditions are met, it is allowed to use the drug for 2 years from the date of its manufacture.
It is prohibited to use Stimovit after its expiration date or if storage conditions are not observed. The drug in such cases not only loses its useful properties, but can also cause insects harm.
Stimovit is a biologically active top dressing for bees that includes only natural ingredients. It stimulates insects, prevents diseases, eliminates some of the problems that are characteristic when using classic top dressing. The tool must be given to bees strictly according to the instructions.