Productivity is a relative sign, because it depends on a number of factors, including weather conditions, soil composition and proper care. However, there are still varieties that give an excellent harvest, not even in the most favorable conditions. As a rule, these are hybrids. In more detail with the most productive varieties of cucumbers for open ground, we suggest that you read further.
Maturing by maturity
Cucumbers can be both early ripening and long-term fruiting. If the region is characterized by a short summer, early species are more suitable, but in the case of a long summer season, the best option is late varieties. Which of them are more productive, it is worth considering separately.
From this group, the productive varieties are:
- Masha . This is a universal hybrid that is resistant to dangerous diseases, including powdery mildew, viral mosaic and cladosporiosis. It belongs to self-pollinating varieties, therefore it does not depend on insects. 6-7 ovaries are formed in the nodes, and the size of one green leaf is about 80-110 mm. Harvest can be harvested on the 36th day after planting. Cucumbers have a cylindrical shape with a skin of medium thickness, which is covered with large tubercles with small spines. The pulp is devoid of bitterness.
- Herman . The vegetation period of this variety is 35-40 days. It brings short tuberous fruits without bitterness. They can be eaten fresh or used for conservation. It is worth considering that the plant does not develop at temperatures below 8 degrees.
- Baby It bears fruit 30-40 days after emergence. They can be consumed fresh or used for harvesting for the winter. Such cucumbers are bee pollinated, therefore, they grow only in open ground. They need to be consumed within 10 days after the harvest, since then they lose their taste.
- Madame . It bears fruit on the 48th day after planting, weighing up to 85 g. It grows in bunches, each of which has up to 7 cucumbers, which have a thin skin with small tubercles. Great for salting and salads.
- Delicious. This is a tall-growing bush, which gives small greenbacks weighing up to 140 g and a length of 13 cm. Cucumbers have a loose skin and sweet crisp flesh. They are great for pickling. This variety is resistant to disease and tolerates a short temperature drop.
Variety of cucumbers "Kid"
Among the varieties that have an average ripening grade - about 45-50 days, the best yield is given:
- Lord Fruits in small greenery up to 12 cm long. Used for canning and pickling. Needs pollination by bees. It is rarely exposed to powdery mildew.
- Marinda Fruits in cucumbers, each of which weighs up to 75 g, has a dense crisp flesh and is great for conservation. With 1 sq. m of land you can collect 30 kg of crop.
- Nezhinsky-12 . This plant is unpretentious in care, resistant to olive spotting and bacteriosis. It gives relatively short fruits weighing 80-110 g and a length of 100-120 mm. They have large tubercles and excellent taste, suitable for salting.
- Nezhinsky local . This is a strong-growing and branched variety that has a mixed type of flowering - it can produce both a large tuberous crop and an egg-shaped one. On average, the weight of greens is 80-110 g. They are excellent for workpieces. The plant is pollinated by bees and is resistant to diseases such as mosaics and olive spotting.
- The son of a regiment . This is a universal variety that is pollinated by bees. He is not afraid of scab, mosaic and powdery mildew. It gives oval cucumbers with large tubercles and white spikes. Their length is 80 mm. Zelentsy for a long time do not turn yellow and do not change size.
- Far Eastern 27 . It tolerates drought, is suitable for fresh consumption and for salting. It grows on open ground, bearing fruits of light green color with whitish stripes and large tubercles. On average, they have a size of 110-150 mm and weight up to 200 g.
Variety of cucumbers "Lord"
Bag of seeds "Nezhinsky-12"
Bag of seeds of cucumbers "Nezhinsky"
Variety of cucumbers "Son of the regiment"
Variety "Far East 27"
These are cultures that ripen in 50-70 days. Among late-ripening varieties, the best harvest will bring:
- Chinese miracle . It is a universal culture that produces Zelentsy cylindrical with a thin skin, 55 cm long and an average weight of 500 g. About 30 kg of crop can be harvested from one bush.
- Chinese climbing . It has a mixed type of flowering, gives cucumbers with a size of 100-120 mm and a weight of 100-130 g. It has a stable yield, high pickling quality, resistance to frost and disease.
- Phoenix It also bears fruit in fairly large fruits - up to 220 g. The pulp is sweet and crispy.
- Crunch . A versatile hybrid that is highly resistant to disease. It is pollinated by bees, gives tubercular cucumbers measuring 80-100 mm and weighing up to 80 g.
- The winner . Fruits in long cucumbers, which have large tubercles and grow until very cold. Almost not affected by disease.
Cucumber variety "Chinese Miracle"
Cucumbers "Chinese climbing"
Variety of cucumbers "Winner"
When planting late varieties of cucumbers in open ground, the crop can be obtained before the onset of cold weather.
According to this principle, cucumbers are bee pollinated or self-pollinated. In general, the latter are more suitable for open ground, however, if there is a beehive near the garden, varieties that are pollinated by bees can also be planted.
The most fruitful are the following hybrids:
- Noble . With 1 sq. You can collect up to 12 g of such cucumbers. Each of them has white spikes and a length of up to 10-13 cm.
- Fortress . It gives the same yield as the previous variety. Zelentsy have an oval shape and a length of up to 10 cm. On the skin there are white stripes and brown spikes. Mostly used for salting.
Variety of cucumbers "Noble"
Marking “F1” on a pack means hybrid seeds that have increased yield, good immunity, rapid growth, etc. But cultures grown from these seeds will produce poor offspring, so they are not left for seeds. Hybrids also require good agricultural technology, otherwise their advantages will not be fully disclosed.
They do not need pollination by bees, therefore they do not have empty flowers, do not bitter, remain elastic after transportation and pickling. The most productive hybrids are:
- Claudia In the case of proper care for the season with 1 sq. Km. m you can collect 20 kg of the crop. Dark green cucumbers up to 10 cm long grow on the plant. They are universal, therefore they can be used for any purposes.
- Friendly family . Brings cucumbers 10-12 cm long, which have excellent taste and are universal in application. With 1 sq. mm can collect 10 kg of greens.
- White angel . The variety got its name by chance, because it gives cucumbers of an unusual white color. They have excellent taste, so they are great for salads and pickles. With 1 sq. m you can get from 12 to 15 kg of the crop.
- Champion It differs in higher productivity in comparison with its self-pollinating analogue - from 1 sq. Km. You can collect 20 kg of cucumbers of dark green color and a length of about 10-12 cm.
- Gimlet . It has a great aroma and is great for pickling. Gives Zelentsy about 11-13 cm long. With 1 square. m you can collect more than 12 kg of crop. The variety tolerates the summer heat.
- Pinocchio . Mostly grown for canning and pickling. With 1 sq. m you can collect up to 15 kg of small cucumbers - the length does not exceed 9 cm.
- Orpheus . The variety is salad. It gives cucumbers 10-12 cm long. From 1 square. m can collect up to 16 kg of the crop.
Variety of cucumbers "Claudia"
Cucumbers "Friendly Family"
Grade "White Angel"
Variety of cucumbers "Champion"
Variety of cucumbers "Orpheus"
These hybrids grow well in those areas where bees do not reach. There are also cucumbers of parthenocarpic pollination type . They produce fruits themselves, without pollination, which is very convenient for greenhouse cultivation of cucumbers.
Such a plant is a small bush about 1.5 m high, abundantly covered with green leaves and ovaries. As a rule, such varieties are precocious, and the most productive among them are:
- Baby It bears fruits weighing up to 90 g, which have an ovoid shape, large tubercles and whitish pubescence. They are used for any purpose, since they are universal.
- Hector . On average, fruiting cucumbers up to 100 mm in size. They differ in cylindrical shape, white pubescence and large tubercles.
- Shorty It is a universal culture. The bushes have a height of up to 45 cm. Cucumbers of oval or cylindrical shape in light green color and up to 90-100 mm in size grow on them. On the delicate skin may be small stripes or chintz pattern.
Variety of cucumbers "Baby"
Unlike other varieties, in bunch plants in one node several ovaries immediately form, the exact amount of which depends on the growing conditions. On average, hybrids on each node can form from 3 to 9 ovaries, which increases the yield several times. They land mainly on small plots of land, since they occupy a minimum of space.
The most productive among them are the following varieties:
- Prestige . This is a variety of domestic selection, which bears fruit 43-45 days after emergence. Often landed in central Russia. At each node, 3-4 ties are formed, and with 1 square. m can collect up to 25 kg of crop. Cucumbers have large tubercles and spikes, and the flesh is not bitter and juicy.
- Beam magnificence . From 3 to 7 ovaries are formed on one tie, which ensures high productivity - up to 400 g of cucumbers can be collected from one bush. The variety is planted in the north of Russia, as it tolerates temperature extremes.
- Blizzard . This is a female flowering hybrid. On one eyeball, 5-6 greens with yellowish stripes, 8 cm long and weighing up to 60-70 cm appear.
- Detinets . The hybrid has a predominantly female flowering type. Almost all flowering nodes form up to 5 ovaries. Cucumbers have a length of up to 12 cm and a mass of about 100-120 g. On the skin there are small tubercles and light brown spikes.
- Finger boy . The plant is resistant to many diseases, including powdery mildew, olive spotting, peronosporosis. In each sinus, 3 to 6 ovaries are formed. The fruits are distinguished by a bright green color, large tubercles and white spines. On average, their length is 8-10 cm.
Variety of cucumbers "Prestige"
Cucumbers "Beam magnificence"
Variety of cucumbers "Boy with a finger"
Selection by purpose of use
Cucumbers can be planted in the ground for consumption in pure form or for canning. In the first case, lettuce varieties are suitable, and in the second - for blanks. In addition, there are universal species that can be used at your discretion. Each category has its most productive varieties.
These are cucumbers that have white spikes and thick skin through which pickle or brine are poorly absorbed, so they are not used for conversion purposes. Among them, the most productive are the following varieties:
- Bazaar Matures within 35-45 days. He is not afraid of cucumber mosaic, powdery mildew, cladosporiosis. From 1 to 3 green leaves are formed in the node, which have a length of 10-15 cm and a mass of up to 100 g.
- Bukhara . Brings smooth dark green cucumbers that are palatable. Their average length is 15 cm, and their weight is about 115 g. From 3 fruits are formed in one node.
- Zozulya . The plant is pollinated by bees, ripens in 35-40 days. Cucumbers have a saturated green color, length 22 cm and weight up to 300 g. This variety is planted exclusively in open ground.
- Makar . This is a mid-season hybrid that is not afraid of root rot, anthracnose and other diseases. Cucumbers have a length of 15-20 cm and a mass of about 200-250 g.
Variety of cucumber "Bazaar"
Unlike lettuce, such cucumbers have black spikes and strong tubercles. Among them, the following crops will bring the greatest yield:
- Crispy . It is a mid-season hybrid up to 15 cm long. Great for canning, has a dense, but not thick, crispy skin.
- Goosebumps . Belongs to self-pollinating varieties. For the hybrid, the bundle formation of ovaries and the female type of flowering are characteristic. It gives the best yield when planting in open ground than when growing in a greenhouse.
- Parisian gherkin . It is pollinated by flowers, bears fruit on 40-45 days after emergence of seedlings. On average, the length of Zelentsy is 6-10 cm, and the mass is 70-90 g.
Cucumber variety “Crispy”
Cucumbers "Parisian Gherkin"
The following varieties can not only be used for different purposes, but can also be planted in any area, as they adapt well even to the harsh northern climate:
- Altai . It is a cold-resistant species that is pollinated by bees. Great for conservation. The plant is resistant to disease and bears fruit with cucumbers of a bright green color, oval in shape and up to 10 cm long. They have whitish spines.
- Miranda . Refers to an early type of culture. The variety is resistant to frost and disease. The fruits have an average size - length up to 12 cm and weight up to 120 g. They are distinguished by a saturated green color with yellowish stripes or white specks. They have a cylindrical shape.
Crop varieties that can be planted in open ground differ in many criteria, so the choice should be made based on your own preferences and capabilities. In any case, many of them are well adapted to the most adverse weather conditions, are not afraid of diseases and pests.